Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Rustic Raspberry Lemon Cheesecake Tart




Valentine's Day is only a few days away and everywhere you look you are being inundated with chocolate desserts. Don't get me wrong, I like chocolate as much as the next person, but over the years my taste buds are definitely changing. These days I find myself gravitating towards fruit based desserts more often than not. There is just something about the combination of sweet and slightly sour or tart that seems to go oh so well together.

As far as desserts go, today's recipe comes together quickly and ranks high in the fruit satisfaction department. Store bought puff pastry sheets, a creamy no-bake cheesecake filling laced with a luscious lemon curd and topped with glorious sweet, red raspberries. Perfection! I made my own lemon curd following my recipe for Meyer Lemon Curd, but store bought is a perfectly fine substitution and will help to streamline the process.

The combination of flaky crust, creamy filling, and fresh fruit makes this dessert irresistible in my book. This is the perfect alternative for all of you non-chocolate lovers (like my husband) and I don't think that the chocolate connoisseurs would even mind a slice of this beautiful tart. 



Rustic Raspberry Lemon Cheesecake Tart
~makes 1 tart~
(Print this Recipe)

Ingredients:
1 sheet puff pastry, thawed but still cold
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar, plus more for sprinkling
2 Tbsp. heavy cream
1/3 cup lemon curd, homemade or store-bought
1 pint raspberries
1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam, warmed
Powdered sugar

Directions:
For the tart: Preheat oven to 425° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat baking mat. Unfold the thawed out puff pastry on a lightly flour dusted area and gently roll into a 10x11 inch rectangle. Carefully transfer to your baking sheet.

Brush edges with a little bit of water and fold over all 4 sides to create a lip. Using a fork, poke holes all over the center of your tart. Gently brush the entire tart with an egg wash and sprinkle about 2 tsp. of sugar over the center. Bake until golden brown, about 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and carefully with the back of a spoon press the center back down if it has puffed. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.

For the filling: In a bowl combine softened cream cheese and sugar. Mix with a hand-mixer or by hand until smooth and the sugar is well incorporated. Add the heavy cream and mix for about 1 minute. Fold in the lemon curd. 

To assemble the tart: Carefully spread your lemon cheesecake mixture over the center of your cooled tart crust. Arrange berries decoratively over the curd and drizzle with the warmed jam. Dust the tart with powdered sugar.

Notes: This tart is best made and eaten on the same day. You can prepare the tart along with the cheesecake filling ahead of time. Refrigerate the filling and assemble the tart right before eating.

Other berries would be lovely as well. I bet blueberries, strawberries, blackberries or a combination would also be great!

A Susi's Kochen und Backen Original Recipe

 

29 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I'm equal opportunity when it comes to desserts. I love chocolate, but I also love desserts like this one. Lemon curd and raspberries sound delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Betty :-) I can't wait to make this tart again, it was just so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I 'm gone have to try that! It looks totally delicious! Thanks Susi! ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Hope you enjoy the recipe :-)

      Delete
  4. Looks AMAZING!! Looks custardy and creamy and delicious! Definitely have to try it!! My kind of deliciousness! Am from Sweden - where we love stuff like this : )/Annika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annika, thanks for stopping by! I grew up in Germany and we love these kind of desserts as well with a nice cup of coffee :-)

      Delete
  5. I made this and it was absolutely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Anonymous :-) I'm so glad you enjoyed this recipe and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. This is an amazing recipe. I saw a similar one in Jamie Olivers book and did my own version. Will be happy if you see it. :)
    http://www.heelsandbuns.com/very-easy-and-fast-rustic-tart/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Ksenija! Your tart looks great and I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the recipe :-)

      Delete
  7. Adapted this recipe for my blog after seeing how mouthwatering yours looked! It was FANTASTIC! :)

    Here's the link if you'd like to take a peek at my results! http://apple-of-my-eye.com/2014/03/23/raspberry-lemon-cheesecake-pastry/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christine! Thanks for stopping by and letting me know that you enjoyed my recipe! Your tart looks wonderful as well and I'm glad everyone loved it :-)

      Delete
  8. This was absolutely awesome! One off my dinner guests said it was a flavor explosion in his mouth! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anonymous, thanks for stopping by and letting me know how much you and your guests enjoyed this tart!

      Delete
  9. Any idea if it would work with low fat cream cheese?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deborah, thanks for stopping by. I think low fat cream cheese would work just fine :-)

      Delete
  10. I made this today for my Girlfriends Game night. It was a huge hit. Thank you for sharing. It was my first adventure with puff pasty. I'm no longer afraid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad the tart turned out to be a hit with your girlfriends and that the recipe conquered your puff pastry fear :-) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  11. I have left over lemon meringue filling- could I use this do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly, thanks for stopping by! I think the leftover lemon meringue would work fine in place of the lemon curd. They are pretty similar in texture and taste, your filling might just be a little "stiffer" than if made with curd. Let me know how it turns out :-)

      Delete
  12. This looks so delicious that I had to make it for dessert on Easter. Everyone loved it! Thanks so much for the recipe!
    http://allichemotti.com/lemon-cheesecake-tart-with-raspberries/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Susi, i get the hint to your blog from Ros Crawford. The cake looks absolutly yummy! I will try it as soon as the raspberry are ripe. You have a lot of great recipes here. I think I will try a lot :-))

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is fabulous and thank you for sharing. I've made it several times and EVERYONE loves it. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing this was AMAZING!! will make again for sure

    ReplyDelete
  16. Im not going to lie, I would eat the whole thing myself.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I made your tart a few weeks ago, and I have had another request to make it again for father's day. Safe to say it was a success!! I do have a question for you, on my first try the cheesecake filling seemed to be a little loose and runny. Could it be because I mixed by hand instead of with a hand mixer?? If you have any suggestion on what I could do to "firm-up" the filling would be much appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a beautiful dessert. I am definitely making it. Can I substitute mascarpone cheese instead of cream cheese?

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm going to use blueberries and raspberries in stripes for 4th of July.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This looks amazing! I can't believe. I have never created a yummy cake like this...

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and make my day

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails