Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Cupcakes


My oldest turned 17 last week and celebrated her birthday with her family and friends this past weekend. It was up to me to provide the menu. We had the standard fare of hamburgers and hot dogs, along with a few salads, fresh vegetables and a HUGE bowl of fruit salad that was pretty much gone before anything else (don't you just love it when teenagers prefer the good, healthy stuff over junk food)?

For dessert my daughter decided to go a little different route and forgo the typical birthday cake in favor of cupcakes. She was looking through a few of my books and decided to go with Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Cupcakes which can be found in the book: Martha Stewart's Cupcakes.


I've made quite a few recipes out of this book so far and every single one has turned out great. This one was no exception either. In fact, the recipe is so easy that even a baking novice could make this one. The "crust" is an Oreo cookie, that gets dropped in the bottom of a cupcake paper liner. A simple cheesecake mixture with additional chopped Oreos gets poured on top and then baked. You do have to thoroughly chill the cupcakes after baking them in the muffin tins before removing the cakes but all in all, it is a quick recipe.

This dessert was incredibly well received by all the teenagers and adults alike. I've had several of them already ask me for the recipe, which in my eyes is always a sign it was tasty! Give this one a try for your next party, I'm sure it will be a hit as well.


Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Cupcakes
~makes about 30~

Ingredients:
42 cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, such as Oreos, 30 left whole and 12 coarsely chopped
2 pounds (4 packs) cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
4 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
1 cup sour cream
Pinch of salt

Directions:
Preheat oven to 275 degrees F. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners. Place 1 whole cookie in the bottom of each lined cup.

With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat cream cheese until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Gradually add sugar, and beat until combined. Beat in vanilla.

Drizzle in eggs, a bit at a time, beating to combine and scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Beat in sour cream and salt. Stir in chopped cookies by hand.

Divide batter evenly  among cookie-filled cups, filling each almost to the top. Bake, rotating tins halfway through, until filling is set, about 22 minutes. Transfer tins to wire rack to cool completely. Refrigerate (in tins) at least 4 hours (or up to overnight). Remove from tins just before serving.

Adapted from: Martha Stewart's Cupcakes

11 comments:

  1. ok, i'm going to stop reading your blog now - it's not helping my diet!
    these look great - so clever to have an oreo crust.
    love the contrast from the patterned plate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is so sweet that your daughter looked through cookbooks and picked out her own birthday dessert. Like mother, like daughter?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grapefruit - I'm thinking they would still taste great if made with low-fat cream cheese ;o)

    Sage Trifle - LOL she had to pick something homemade. All her friends were looking forward to it! I've been sending goodies with her to school and she told me I had to live up to my reputation LOL Her first choice would have been Black Forest Cake which is what she always has but considering a lot of people don't care for cherries in a cake and it wouldn't have fed everyone she went with cupcakes :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooo Susi I can see why your daughter picked this one! Wow. I need to get that book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful dessert. I really, really like this idea:). They look perfectly delicious. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. My recipe list keeps getting longer and longer. I will have to try these this weekend.!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My eyes are saying yes but my hips say no. But my hips can't really talk anyway, so what the heck, I've gotta have some of these yummy cheesecakes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't bake all these beauties you bake. You have to stop tempting me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow its really creative, I have explored your social media and blog you are doing a good job, so many creative hacks to live smartly. Custom gift Boxes are now in good trend and one can avoid a big cost this way. http://customluxurygiftboxes.simplesite.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Share!

    First off, congratulations on this post. If You are searching for latest government jobs in India. Vacancysquare provides you upcoming government jobs information like - Railway, Police, Banking Job, Defense, SSC, UPSC, UPSSSC, teacher jobs and other department for state and central government job. This bucket list for you to know the right jobs detail.

    This is really awesome but that's what you always crank out my friend. Reading your story got my face leaking and my heart singing. Find qualification based government job and vacancies with employment news at: "www.vacancysquare.com". Also check govt jobs, private jobs, latest jobs, teacher jobs, bank jobs, railway jobs, police jobs, UPSC jobs, SSC jobs, UPSSSC jobs, sarkari result with employment news.

    Great posts we can share to our users. Check the latest government job vacancies, upcoming government Indian jobs, latest notifications for government jobs, today government jobs notifications or sarkari naukri now. Just visit our website www.vacancysquare.com to get your dream job notification today.

    Get a complete information about Government jobs in India, Latest jobs in India, admit card, exams, results, answer key, admission and syllabus of Govt Indian jobs.

    If you are interested in free guest post, advertising with us, writing for us and paid guest post service to contact us & about OR visit on our job notification portal www.vacancysquare.com.

    All the best, I’m excited to watch your journey! Keep it works and share your amazing thoughts.

    Great share and thanks again for the mention here,

    Thanks and Regards!
    Priya Singh.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and make my day

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails