Saturday, February 20, 2010

Honey Wheat Cookies

 

In my attempts to try out new and different recipes, I came across this one in the Baking: From My Home to Yours. This cookie sounded unlike anything we have had before and was definitely a departure from your "average" chocolate chip or peanut butter cookie. Everyone was pleasantly surprised by this one.
I think it is a "grown up" cookie that is sophisticated in its flavors, but still pleasing enough for kids to enjoy. The subtle tastes of lemon and honey dominate this cookie while the wheat germ adds a pleasing crunch. 
The cookie dough comes together in no time. You pretty much fix it, wrap it up, and set it in your fridge until you are ready to bake . After the dough has chilled for a couple of hours you roll it into balls, which are then coated in more wheat germ before putting them on a parchment lined baking sheet were you flatten them out.
This cookies taste even better with a good cup of coffee or tea. Give them a try and let me know what you think!




 

2 comments:

  1. Well I would have to say that I have never had a cookie that tasted like a wheat thin cook, but I will say they were great. Keeping coming !

    Shana

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so good - and I've been trying to figure out how to use up my remaining bottle of wheatgerm quickly before it expires next month.
    Will be trying these soon!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and make my day

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails