Monday, February 15, 2010

Perfect Party Cake


  
For my husband's 40th birthday I decided to step out of my comfort zone and try something completely different. A 4-layer cake. I had tried 3 and 4 layer cakes before but was never happy with the results. The layers were sliding, it didn't look neat and I just got frustrated before the cake was even done. This time I wasn't going to go down this road again. After reading countless Tuesday with Dorie blog entries and purchasing her book "Baking: From My Home to Yours" I was all set. I decided on her Perfect Party Cake. The cake takes time, it is certainly nothing you will throw together in half an hour but was it ever worth it. My family and especially my husband loved it. It looked perfect and tasted even better. This will be my go-to Party Cake from now on!







4 comments:

  1. I love it! The cake was scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea Susi!! You have given me such wonderful recipes in the past, can't wait for more. Bon Appetit ;+)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The anonymous was me, Sharon. I couldn't send it anyother way LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a perfect housewife and the best cookie baker. Your mom and your little sister :-)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and make my day

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails