Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Snappy Deviled Eggs


Deviled Eggs and Easter go together hand in hand. My kids love them and so do I. My husband who is not the world's biggest egg fan will not touch most deviled eggs but he will eat mine. The secret to mine that makes them irresistible to him is plain old hot sauce, which will take any deviled egg to the next level.

Deviled eggs are an easy, portable (especially if you have a carrier) party or celebration food and I guarantee that your plate will always be empty when you return home. 

First the eggs are hard boiled. I find that if the eggs are a few days old rather than very fresh ones they peel much better. The eggs are then cut and the egg yolk is scooped out and mixed with mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, vinegar and of course hot sauce. I really like the taste of Louisiana Hot Sauce but any kind you like will do.  In order to provide the smoothest, creamiest consistency I use my trusty immersion blender. After the mixture is blended well I fill it into a piping bag with a big star tip and pipe it back into the egg halves. You can also use a round tip or in a pinch, use a ziploc bag and just snip the corner off your bag to the desired size, then pipe away. After the eggs are filled, I sprinkle them with a little bit of sharp paprika for an additional little kick. 

I hope you'll give my snappy eggs a try, who knows, maybe you'll be able to convert an egg-hater as well.


Snappy Deviled Eggs
~makes 20 halves~

Ingredients:
10 large eggs, hard boiled
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon sour cream
2 teaspoons prepared mustard
1 teaspoon vinegar
1-2 teaspoons hot sauce (your favorite kind)
Salt and Pepper to taste
Paprika for sprinkling (optional)

Directions:
Peel and halve hard boiled eggs lengthwise and remove yolks. Place yolks in a bowl along with mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, vinegar and hot sauce. With the immersion blender mix everything to desired consistency (you can use a fork and mash if you don't have a blender). Season with salt and pepper. Pipe egg mixture back into egg halves. Garnish with paprika.



4 comments:

  1. Hey there! This is my first visit to your blog. I love deviled eggs. Your recipe sounds delish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, hope to see you again :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boss offers the different models of Best Buy Hand Blender such as Boss quick Mix 450 Watt, Boss Genius Plus 200 Watt, Big Best 160 Watt, Yes Boss Plus 75 Watt, Boss Rapid 200 Watt and many more. All of these models have different hand blender specifications. When it comes to hand blender prices, how much do you need to spend on a hand blender? You can pick up a basic model for around Rs 1000, but premium hand blenders can cost little more. You can buy hand blender from the market as well as online. For simple blending and mixing, you do not need high wattage blender so you can choose the basic one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Thanks for sharing. PLease search webstagram to discover nice photos and videos on instagram.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and make my day

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails