Friday, March 5, 2010

Snickerdoodle Cupcakes

 
 
I adore cupcakes. To me they are perfect in every single way. A tiny cake that can easily be transported anywhere you go. The best part about cupcakes is that you can easily feed a crowd and not worry about trying to figure out how to cut up a cake so everyone gets an equal piece. A good cupcake should have two components, a cake part that is light and almost fluffy, and the frosting which should be almost equal in size to the cake itself to get that perfect bite every time.

In an effort to send something with my husband to work that isn't your average cupcake, I went looking through my Martha Stewart's Cupcakes book and came across Snickerdoodle cupcakes.
The picture of the cakes caught my attention right away and after reading through the ingredients I knew this was the recipe I was going to make.



A quick check of the pantry and fridge confirmed I had everything I needed on hand. The cupcake plays on the old favorite, Snickerdoodle cookie. Essentially it is a yellow cupcake with a good amount of cinnamon added to the batter which gives it the typical Snickerdoodle flavor. The batter is composed of flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla and milk. After everything is mixed you bake them for 20 minutes. Once the cakes have cooled, you proceed with the next step, the frosting. The topping is a creamy, fluffy seven minute frosting (see my post for Coconut Cupcakes for the same frosting) that gets piped on top of the cupcakes, then sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar.

These cupcakes were a true hit with the family and I'm sure this is another "winner" that I'll be adding to my regular rotations. You can find the recipe for this cupcake on Martha Stewart's website or buy her book.


1 comment:

  1. Great Share!

    First off, congratulations on this post. If You are searching for latest government jobs in India. Vacancysquare provides you upcoming government jobs information like - Railway, Police, Banking Job, Defense, SSC, UPSC, UPSSSC, teacher jobs and other department for state and central government job. This bucket list for you to know the right jobs detail.

    This is really awesome but that's what you always crank out my friend. Reading your story got my face leaking and my heart singing. Find qualification based government job and vacancies with employment news at: "www.vacancysquare.com". Also check govt jobs, private jobs, latest jobs, teacher jobs, bank jobs, railway jobs, police jobs, UPSC jobs, SSC jobs, UPSSSC jobs, sarkari result with employment news.

    Great posts we can share to our users. Check the latest government job vacancies, upcoming government Indian jobs, latest notifications for government jobs, today government jobs notifications or sarkari naukri now. Just visit our website www.vacancysquare.com to get your dream job notification today.

    Get a complete information about Government jobs in India, Latest jobs in India, admit card, exams, results, answer key, admission and syllabus of Govt Indian jobs.

    If you are interested in free guest post, advertising with us, writing for us and paid guest post service to contact us & about OR visit on our job notification portal www.vacancysquare.com.

    All the best, I’m excited to watch your journey! Keep it works and share your amazing thoughts.

    Great share and thanks again for the mention here,

    Thanks and Regards!
    Priya Singh.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and make my day

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails