Thursday, March 18, 2010

Springtime Shell Salad



We are a barbecuing family and since it is barbecue weather year round where I live, I'm always looking for side salad recipes. I have quite some in my recipe files and I'm sure that I will be sharing them with you throughout the next several months. You will be finding recipes for pasta salads, potato salads, rice salads, grain salads and vegetable salads. Nothing is off limits in our house and we are always trying to enrich our meals with new and exciting ingredients. 

This salad came about after I decided to combine two of my favorite salads (pasta salad and English pea salad) into one. The result was delicious. Even my pea hating oldest kid loved this one and had seconds. I will be making this salad again on many more barbecue occasions.


Springtime Shell Salad
~serves 8-10~

Ingredients:
1 pound small pasta shells, cooked and drained
6 ounces medium or sharp cheddar cheese, cut in small cubes
2 cups baby peas, fresh or frozen
1 medium red pepper, chopped
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1/3 cup sweet pickle relish
1/2 cup mayonnaise
3/4 cup (6 ounces) plain yogurt
1/4 cup chopped pimientos
Salt and Pepper to taste

Directions:
In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients. Refrigerate, covered, for at least 1 hour to develop the flavors.This salad keeps well for several days in the fridge.




10 comments:

  1. Dats really nice....thanks for sharing the recipe. I will try this one.

    Take the Salad Personality Test and find out which Salad are you like. I have taken the test and enjoyed a lot. Hope you too will enjoy it. Have Fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your salad looks scrumptious. I, too, have quite the arsenal of salad recipes.

    Collin, I took the Salad Personality Test. I am a Caesar Salad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I'm going to try it as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there - I stopped by to invite to come and check out DessertStalking.com, a new food photo submission site. Hope you will check it out and give us a try - Donalyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds delicious! I love when Spring arrives because that means likes of BBQs and picnics-and foods just like this awesome pasta salad-YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pictures of the salad really attracts me! They're wonderful. Oh my, I also love barbecue with side dishes, and like you, I have been inventing different side dishes for my barbecue. Thank you so much for this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy, thanks for stopping by and the kind words. Hope to see you on here again :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there - I stopped by to invite to come and check out DessertStalking.com, a new food photo submission site. Hope you will check it out and give us a try - Donalyn lawn suits online , lawn suits online , lawn suits online , lawn suits online , lawn suits online , lawn suits online , lawn suits online

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Share!

    First off, congratulations on this post. If You are searching for latest government jobs in India. Vacancysquare provides you upcoming government jobs information like - Railway, Police, Banking Job, Defense, SSC, UPSC, UPSSSC, teacher jobs and other department for state and central government job. This bucket list for you to know the right jobs detail.

    This is really awesome but that's what you always crank out my friend. Reading your story got my face leaking and my heart singing. Find qualification based government job and vacancies with employment news at: "www.vacancysquare.com". Also check govt jobs, private jobs, latest jobs, teacher jobs, bank jobs, railway jobs, police jobs, UPSC jobs, SSC jobs, UPSSSC jobs, sarkari result with employment news.

    Great posts we can share to our users. Check the latest government job vacancies, upcoming government Indian jobs, latest notifications for government jobs, today government jobs notifications or sarkari naukri now. Just visit our website www.vacancysquare.com to get your dream job notification today.

    Get a complete information about Government jobs in India, Latest jobs in India, admit card, exams, results, answer key, admission and syllabus of Govt Indian jobs.

    If you are interested in free guest post, advertising with us, writing for us and paid guest post service to contact us & about OR visit on our job notification portal www.vacancysquare.com.

    All the best, I’m excited to watch your journey! Keep it works and share your amazing thoughts.

    Great share and thanks again for the mention here,

    Thanks and Regards!
    Priya Singh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Quartz window wall that I purchased from Quartz Luxury Windows has completely won my heart. It really is a work of art!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and make my day

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails