Friday, July 16, 2010

Ice Cream Fridays: Nutella Ice Cream with Frangelico


Welcome to another edition of Ice Cream Fridays. Every Friday during the next few months (or until I get tired of it) you can look forward to a new ice cream recipe which will hopefully inspire you to break out your old dust covered ice cream maker that is hiding somewhere in a closet (yes, I'm talking about you). Since I'm always looking for inspiration and ideas, feel free to leave me a comment here on my blog or on my facebook page, and let me know what ice cream flavor you would like to see. Who knows, you might just get lucky and it will be featured the following week.

Since July is National Ice Cream month, which was appointed by President Ronald Reagan in 1984, lots and lots of ice cream recipes have been popping up all over the blog world. At least once a day, I will have one ice cream recipe made by one of the blogs I read pop up. Trying to come up with different flavors is actually becoming harder and harder. You can find any and everything from plain vanilla and chocolate to the very fancy ice creams, some even containing basil, lavender or other exotic flavorings, on all kinds of blogs.

So this week I decided to keep it easy and simple, and make a quick ice cream that did not require me to turn on my stove, which right now with temperatures well over 110 degrees, is a welcome relief. A blender is all you need for this ice cream. I was looking all over the place for a good recipe including one of my all-time favorites: Nutella. If you have never had it, you're missing out big time on this delectable chocolate hazelnut cream that originated in Italy. I couldn't settle on one single recipe, so I decided to combine a few that I found, and make it my own. One of the recipes called for vodka, but being the "rebel" that I am I decided to use a liqueur that I thought would complement this ice cream so much better, hence the Frangelico, a hazelnut liqueur.

The ingredients are simply put in a blender, mixed up and then chilled for a while in the refrigerator before churning them in an ice cream maker. 
The result; a most wonderful creamy ice cream that reminded me a lot of gianduja gelato, which is one of my all-time favorites. This ice cream was so good, I could easily eat it every day. Even my chocolate hating husband was in love with this one, and that to me is the best compliment ever.
If you are as excited about Nutella as I am, then this ice cream is most definitely a requirement to make!

Nutella Ice Cream with Frangelico
Ingredients:

2/3 cup Nutella
2/3 cup sugar
1 cup heavy cream
2 cups milk (I used 1 %)
2-3 tablespoons Frangelico

Preparation:

In a blender add the Nutella, sugar, heavy cream, milk, and Frangelico. Mix until well blended. Refrigerate mixture for about 3 hours, or until well chilled.
Churn ice cream according to your ice cream manufacturer's directions.
Freeze for 4 hours before serving.

14 comments:

  1. Oh, das muss ich aber SOFORT auch zubereiten. Nutellaeis, besser geht es nicht fuer mich! My kids will be in heaven. Danke, Susi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this one I would have to hide in the freezer. I wouldn't share this yummy ice cream with anyone. Yummmmmmmmm. What did you drizzle on top and how was the texture?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sage Trifle - Thank you :o)

    Kirsten - Ich hoffe es schmeckt Euch!

    M @ Betty Crapper - I drizzled the ice cream with more Nutella that I warmed slightly in the microwave so it would be runny. It stayed soft on top of the ice cream and made it taste heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How could anyone not love this ice cream? It sounds absolutely delicious. I hope the day treats you well. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love the addition of Frangelico! Fantastic recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made nutella ice cream not too long ago but the addition of Frangelico sounds amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUM!! Nutella is the best!! I love how this is only 5 ingredients!! So simple but probably taste way better than the store ice creams!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary - thank you so much for your kind words!

    Jess - I really love Frangelico, I might even have a slight addiction with it ;o)

    Tessa - thanks for stopping by :o)

    AJ - It was such a quick and easy ice cream to make and the flavor can't be beat. Short of buying the occasional Haagen Daz, I most likely won't be buying store bought any more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that my friend... is heaven in a bowl! Drooling on the keyboard as I type.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a scrumptious treat with both the nutella and Frangelico! Completely irresistible!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nutella, Frangelico, I am won !!! Yeah we both are totally on to the frangelico kick this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great Share!

    First off, congratulations on this post. If You are searching for latest government jobs in India. Vacancysquare provides you upcoming government jobs information like - Railway, Police, Banking Job, Defense, SSC, UPSC, UPSSSC, teacher jobs and other department for state and central government job. This bucket list for you to know the right jobs detail.

    This is really awesome but that's what you always crank out my friend. Reading your story got my face leaking and my heart singing. Find qualification based government job and vacancies with employment news at: "www.vacancysquare.com". Also check govt jobs, private jobs, latest jobs, teacher jobs, bank jobs, railway jobs, police jobs, UPSC jobs, SSC jobs, UPSSSC jobs, sarkari result with employment news.

    Great posts we can share to our users. Check the latest government job vacancies, upcoming government Indian jobs, latest notifications for government jobs, today government jobs notifications or sarkari naukri now. Just visit our website www.vacancysquare.com to get your dream job notification today.

    Get a complete information about Government jobs in India, Latest jobs in India, admit card, exams, results, answer key, admission and syllabus of Govt Indian jobs.

    If you are interested in free guest post, advertising with us, writing for us and paid guest post service to contact us & about OR visit on our job notification portal www.vacancysquare.com.

    All the best, I’m excited to watch your journey! Keep it works and share your amazing thoughts.

    Great share and thanks again for the mention here,

    Thanks and Regards!
    Priya Singh.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and make my day

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails