Monday, July 5, 2010

BBQ Deviled Eggs



Don't you just hate when the "rules" regarding food constantly change? I do, and in the case of eggs, it's always something different. First they are good for you, then they are not, and right now they are "in" again. Who makes these rules? Regardless of what has been said in the past, I've always been a giant egg fan. I love them prepared any way. One of my favorite childhood memories was my dad making soft boiled eggs for weekend breakfasts. I also like them scrambled, in omelets, in frittata form, or sunny side up.

About a week ago I ended up with a plethora of eggs. They had been on sale, and long story short, I bought way more of them than I needed and was able to use, so I had to come up with some recipes that would require quite a few eggs.
What better way to use up copious amounts of eggs than to turn them into deviled eggs, and what better time of year to make these considering all the potlucks and picnics to get "rid" of them.


I found this recipe in one of my "Cuisine at Home" magazine and fell in love with it right away. BBQ Deviled Eggs? Two of my favorite things combined into one, no further convincing was needed.

This recipe is a bit of a departure from my standard  Snappy Deviled Egg recipe but it is just as good. Hard boiled egg yolks get mixed together with cream cheese, mayonnaise, mustard and barbecue sauce (aha!). Minced pickles (I used dill pickle relish), sweet onions, and parsley will add the final touch. The filled egg is then garnished with a drizzle of barbecue sauce and a pickle slice. VoilĂ !

These eggs were a giant hit! I loved the little bit of smokiness the barbecue sauce added and the crunch of the pickles. These eggs were gone in no time and are most definitely a keeper for our family! I know I will be making this recipe over and over again. I hope you'll give it a try as well, I'm sure there are plenty of occasions left during the summer months.



BBQ Deviled Eggs

Ingredients:
12 hard-cooked eggs, peeled, cut in half, and yolks removed
2 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon prepared mustard
1 tablespoon barbecue sauce 
3 tablespoons minced dill pickles (I used dill pickle relish)
2 tablespoons sweet onions, minced
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
Salt and black pepper to taste
Barbecue sauce for drizzling
Sliced pickles for garnish

Directions:
Mash egg yolks in a bowl; stir in cream cheese, mayonnaise, mustard, barbecue sauce, minced pickles, onion, and 2 tablespoons parsley. Season mixture with salt and pepper; stir until ingredients are well combined. Divide filling amount egg whites*.

Drizzle barbecue sauce lightly over each egg. Garnish each egg with a small pickle slice. Refrigerate until ready to serve!

* For easy piping, spoon filling into a heavy-duty plastic Ziploc bag. Cut a small hole in the corner; squeeze gently.

Adapted from: Cuisine at Home

11 comments:

  1. I bet these are good--they sure look pretty. What kind of barbecue sauce did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rocquie - I used Sweet Baby Ray's Original BBQ Sauce. It's the one that I usually have on hand but any that you like will do

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love eggs too!
    Deviled eggs are the best. I absolutely love this variation! Looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eier sind doch immer in! Freue mich, das mein Costo die "Nestfresh" Eier verkauft, die sind naemlich von certified humanely raised and handled hens.
    Deviled eggs habe ich aber noch nie selbst gemacht. Deine hier sehen sehr lecker aus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jess - thank you!

    Kirsten - das wusste ich nicht von Costco! Da werde ich jetzt wohl nur noch meine Eier kaufen.
    Deviled eggs sind echt klasse und schmecken gut, musst Du echt mal ausprobieren :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! These are going on the to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never thought eggs were bad. How could they be when we've been eating them and surviving off of them forever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love deviled eggs, what a great twist on a classic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love deviled eggs and your recipe looks totally amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My family loves deviled eggs, I'll have to try this version next time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Share!

    First off, congratulations on this post. If You are searching for latest government jobs in India. Vacancysquare provides you upcoming government jobs information like - Railway, Police, Banking Job, Defense, SSC, UPSC, UPSSSC, teacher jobs and other department for state and central government job. This bucket list for you to know the right jobs detail.

    This is really awesome but that's what you always crank out my friend. Reading your story got my face leaking and my heart singing. Find qualification based government job and vacancies with employment news at: "www.vacancysquare.com". Also check govt jobs, private jobs, latest jobs, teacher jobs, bank jobs, railway jobs, police jobs, UPSC jobs, SSC jobs, UPSSSC jobs, sarkari result with employment news.

    Great posts we can share to our users. Check the latest government job vacancies, upcoming government Indian jobs, latest notifications for government jobs, today government jobs notifications or sarkari naukri now. Just visit our website www.vacancysquare.com to get your dream job notification today.

    Get a complete information about Government jobs in India, Latest jobs in India, admit card, exams, results, answer key, admission and syllabus of Govt Indian jobs.

    If you are interested in free guest post, advertising with us, writing for us and paid guest post service to contact us & about OR visit on our job notification portal www.vacancysquare.com.

    All the best, I’m excited to watch your journey! Keep it works and share your amazing thoughts.

    Great share and thanks again for the mention here,

    Thanks and Regards!
    Priya Singh.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and make my day

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails